Our Motley Crew 2016.
Welcome to the Nightcliff Lions Club, Darwin, Australia
Lions is a non-political, non-religious, not-for-profit organization, aimed at serving the community.
Our parent organisation, Lions International have global projects to reduce diaetes, improve eyesight health, reduce hunger, protect the envinoment, reduce childhood cancer.
What are we doing and how could you join in and help?
- Feed the homeless twice a month. For this we need cooks who prepare 10 vegetarian meals or more in recycylable take-away boxes. Our cooks are either members or Friends of Nightcliff Lions. We need a driver and assitant to distribute these wonderful meals.
- Raise funds selling Christmas cakes. Buy your from one of our outlets, click here
- Recycle used spectacles to the third world. Donate, click here
- Diabetes Day with our BBQ.
- Partnership with Project 21 and building support service with a Project 21 Tennis Fun session at TEMS and supporting their Cash for Containers business.
- Tennis Exercise Fun with Project 21
- Partnership with Sids n Kids to support their fund raising efforts
- Speedway car parking and bar work
- Teddy Bears Picnic BBQ
- Bicycle Census
- Beer Can Regatta
Join us as a Nightcliff Lion or as a Friend of Nightcliff Lions and get monthly opportunities to serve the community.
We are open to ideas for new ways to serve the community and new partnerships with organisations we can support.
You volunteer service in areas you feel comfortable with. There are no obligations!
We have fun serving the community. We would love for you to join us if you have a little spare time, and an interest in helping your community.
Presently we hold a business meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, 7pm at the Project 21 offices in Coconut Grove behind the clock tower.
We welcome anyone interested. If you contact us before we can better welcome you.
The 4th Tuesday of every month is often a social event. Currently we decide what and where is our prior business meeting