Lions Recycle for Sight
Lions Recycle for Sight Australia is part of the Lions Clubs International Worldwide Eyeglass Recycling Program, headquartered in Queensland and operating throughout Australia and overseas.
Recycle 4 Sight Australia has collected thousands of pairs of used spectacles, sunglasses, new frames and other equipment. The program distributes regraded spectacles to many parts of the world to Lions Clubs, Rotary Clubs and other humanitarian organisations for distribution to poor people in need at no expense or obligation on the recipient.
Over the 15 years that the Australian program has existed, the program has delivered 2.5 million pair to countries in Africa, Europe, Middle East, Indian Sub continent, East Asia, and the Far East, including China, the countries of the Pacific Rim and Southern Asia and Oceania.
The club is looking for sites to place their collection boxes. If you can help please contact as and a member will visit you with a box and collect every month.
So far we have collected 2026 pairs as of 7th December 2019 of used spectacles that have been posted to the Lions who will clean them and measure their lens for reuse.
Thank you to all the donors.
We have the following collection points -
- NT Optometrists, Karama Shopping Plaza (Serviced by Lion John Campbell)
- Tropic Optics, Nightcliff Shopping Centre (Serviced by Lion Chris Roberts)
- Amcal Chemists, Stuart Park (Serviced by Lion Martin Jackson)
- Helen Summers Optometrist, Salonika Street, Parap (Serviced by Lion Imogen)
- Eyewise Optometrist, Shop 4, 20 Knuckey St Darwin (Serviced by Lion Sharon Jones)
- Kate Worden's Electoral Office, Northlakes Shopping Centre, Malak (Serviced by Lion Elly Reeves)
- SpecSavers, Leanyer (Serviced by Ange Pedlar)
We thank all these!