Lions Measles Initiative
- 400 people still die every day because of measles, most of them children
- Measles can cause severe complications, including brain damage, hearing loss and blindness
- Lions fight measles by providing physical support through social mobilization and advocacy
- LCIF and Lions have promised to raise US$30 million by 2017 in support of measles vaccination around the world. When we reach that goal, Gavi’s matching fund will provide an additional US$30 million, for a total of US$60 million!
- The safe and effective measles vaccine costs only about US$1